Post tips & tricks to maximize & optimize earnings.

Battery Life???

Tucker1003 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:24 pm

So farmers, how do you handle battery life? Joey's latest video is an eye opener for sure. Maybe some very technical people can help us here! I understand battery life is what these phones live off. Since we are buying used we never know the battery conditions. We don't want exploding batteries, especially if we are not home. I know timers on the power supplies help, that is a good start. What about battery replacements? Have any of you spent extra money on replacing batteries, is it worth it? (time/money)

Is there an app to test the condition of the battery? How do you monitor the life of them? Thank you in advance!

Marballer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 am

Lay out your battery and look for bumps theres videos online

punkshoo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 pm

When buying used I always recommend purchasing a new battery. You can get most batteries for $7 on Amazon. However, it never hurts to just get the device first, check for bloating, and make your decision based off that. If you're using a used battery I would charge it full, run it dead, and rinse/repeat this a few times to "program" the battery. I personally also use a wall timer to turn my power source off 2 hours. So I charge for 2, kill for 1, etc. This allows the batteries to actually get some use and helps prevent bloating.

Fly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 pm

I would always suggest to be careful when leaving things in two long. They have power strips that you can buy that can turn off after a certain amount of time. I would suggest getting one of those and setting up a schedule on when to have your phones charging and not charging. Usually if you have your phones overcharge for a few days or so, it won't be a big problem just don't do it for extreme amounts of time and you will be fine.