Post tips & tricks to maximize & optimize earnings.

Rooted devices

chrisasst » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:34 pm

I know some devices have different preinstalled apps on them. However what are the basic items that can be removed on these devices when rooted?

punkshoo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:51 pm

I tend to remove anything that's not necessary. You can disable factory apps without removing them to reduce your risk of causing any instability. Generally I'll disable/remove the different unnecessary google apps, many of the prepaid apps, and basically anything that obviously doesn't get used on a farm phone. Try to avoid anything that seems like it would be a manufacturer required service.

taclet123 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 pm

I tend to remove anything that's not necessary. You can disable factory apps without removing them to reduce your risk of causing any instability. Generally I'll disable/remove the different unnecessary google apps, many of the prepaid apps, and basically anything that obviously doesn't get used on a farm phone. Try to avoid anything that seems like it would be a manufacturer required service.
Hey, out of curiosity...does disabling apps create any free space or does it just not allow the app to run? Many of my phones have only like 4gb in total, and clearing bloatware might help me out (my devices aren't rooted though).

Tucker1003 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 pm

What device? It really doesn't create space. I recommend rooting. When rooted you can find a lot of Google Pre Install Apps can be removed. This is easy these days becuase you can download and install various forms of Google Apps known as GAPPS. They come in the following examples.

Android 5.1.x Lollipop Gapps Variants:

Stock - Recommended for most users
Full
Mini
Micro
Nano - Recommend for legacy/older devices
Pico - Recommended for legacy/older devices
Pico(Uni)

You select based on needs and space! Give your device model and I can send you in the right direction!

taclet123 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

What device? It really doesn't create space. I recommend rooting. When rooted you can find a lot of Google Pre Install Apps can be removed. This is easy these days becuase you can download and install various forms of Google Apps known as GAPPS. They come in the following examples.

Full
Mini
Micro
Pico(Uni)

You select based on needs and space! Give your device model and I can send you in the right direction!
Hey, Tucker! I've got a bunch of devices that I really want to try rooting, but I'm kinda scared that I'll brick them or something.

My Optimus Fuels run 4.4. My LGL2CC runs 5.0.1, but it runs a little better than most of my devices. My Moto Es (2nd Gen) run 5.1.

For my two iOS devices, my 4s runs 7.1.2, and my 4 also runs 7.1.2.

I also have two ZTE Paragons and a few Huwei Premias that run stock OS's, but I don't use them as they're slow and frustrating.

Would you recommend I try to root these guys? Also, what root application/process is safest? Thank you so much for the help, by the way c:

Tucker1003 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Awesome for iOS you don't want to upgrade / we should still be able to jailbreak those 2!!

Let's pick one to start! I will look up your Optimus Fuel 4.4. Please give me exact model off the back of the phone and the carrier, if you know it. I will direct you to where you need to start!

PaddiM8 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 pm

I think all apps that isn't required for the phone, like Settings app and such.

SimonRumaldo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:36 am

Rooted devices are great because then you can edit the software of your phone and make it better.

PaddiM8 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 am

Full
Mini
Micro
Pico(Uni)

Hey, Tucker! I've got a bunch of devices that I really want to try rooting, but I'm kinda scared that I'll brick them or something.

My Optimus Fuels run 4.4. My LGL2CC runs 5.0.1, but it runs a little better than most of my devices. My Moto Es (2nd Gen) run 5.1.

For my two iOS devices, my 4s runs 7.1.2, and my 4 also runs 7.1.2.

I also have two ZTE Paragons and a few Huwei Premias that run stock OS's, but I don't use them as they're slow and frustrating.

Would you recommend I try to root these guys? Also, what root application/process is safest? Thank you so much for the help, by the way c:
If you're running any Perk apps on them, DON'T ROOT! Otherwise, root! But first, check that you can unbrick them. Make sure you have like a video guide on how to unbrick each phone. I used KingRoot on my LG L Bello 2 which isn't a very famous phone, and it still worked great!

Rab95 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:34 pm

It's Drew! haha. -Aaron

Embre » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:44 pm

With an LG Risio you can disable most factory apps you just have to do some digging in the settings. I would suggest it. I was able to turn off multiple factory apps and it increased my battery power a bunch.

SimonRumaldo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Rooted phone can really help you if you know how to hack because then you can access things you couldnt access before.

Tucker1003 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Why do you say don't root your perk devices?

punkshoo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 pm

Hey, out of curiosity...does disabling apps create any free space or does it just not allow the app to run? Many of my phones have only like 4gb in total, and clearing bloatware might help me out (my devices aren't rooted though).
Disabling apps does not free up space but keeps the apps from using up memory and other phone resources. It also prevents them from interfering with your farming apps. The reason I prefer disable is the fact that I've bricked a couple devices by removing incorrect factory applications. When performing a factory reset shortly after the devices soft bricked. Luckily I was able to reflash the ROM.

crowngem1990 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 pm

I purchased a Motorola Moro e.
Is that ok to root? I want to run perk and maybe app trailers and checkpoints.

hellotoday » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:39 pm

If you're running any Perk apps on them, DON'T ROOT!
I'm new to Perk. Will you please tell me why it is not good to run Perk apps on rooted phones? Thanks.

KeysUnlocked » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 am

I'm new to Perk. Will you please tell me why it is not good to run Perk apps on rooted phones? Thanks.
Most likely, they will IP ban you.

ShabbyPenguin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Most likely, they will IP ban you.
this is completely not true at all

TheMoneyMakingMaster » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Don't delete anything to be on the safe side